NGO Executive Assistant
Scan me or visit www.orderofmaltavision2050.com/o/Malteser-International-Americas/opportunities/NGO-Executive-Assistant/56362 to join
SummaryWill leverage support for MI Americas humanitarian aid and development work, both in terms of resources and content, through dedicated communication channels.
As the international humanitarian aid organization of the Sovereign Order of Malta (SOM), Malteser International Americas (MIA) has access to the international network of members, diplomats, and aid services of the Sovereign Order of Malta. Malteser International’s Strategy 2025 seeks to make better use of this network to leverage support for its humanitarian aid and development work both in terms of resources and content. First, Malteser International (MI) needs to create ownership, understanding, and support between the SOM’s international network and MI and MIA as its international humanitarian relief and development organizations. This role will be pursued by the SOM Liaison and Executive Assistant through dedicated communication channels. Further, the position performs and attends to the above-mentioned tasks currently performed by the Executive Director, so that the Executive Director can focus on the high-level leadership and strategy functions.
· Draft, review and send communications on behalf of MIA’s executive(s) in English and Spanish.
· Compile internal and external relations reports with a focus on SOM entities.
· Organize and prepare for events and meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics in-person and virtual.
· Oversee the administrative planning and implementation of conferences, project visits and volunteer formats by third parties (including organizing visas, travel documentation, insurance, and logistics).
· Coordinate with the Communications, Program, Finance and Admin departments project content and logistics for project visits and ensure that expenses claims, and costs are correctly managed.
· Accompany high-level representatives of SOM, U.S. Government, and UN agencies at Stateside events and project visits in the Americas.
· Maintain various records and documents including legal documents for organization’s executive(s).
· Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
· Support key and annual operational planning processes, business planning and performance review cycles.
· Support fundraising initiatives with concept note compilations, general communications, and targeted major donor approaches.
· Demonstrable excellent bi-lingual written and verbal communication skills
· Time-management skills
· Ability to pay attention to detail
· Organizational skills
· Ability to multitask
· Interpersonal skills
· Proficient English and Spanish, other languages are advantageous
· Completed professional training or first degree in a relevant field
· Very high level of administrative competence, structured and methodical approach
· International horizon and intercultural competence
· Experience of voluntary work
· Active engagement in the Catholic Church and identification with the charism of the Order of Malta
· Proficient used computer software, such as Microsoft Office applications, Asana, donor database and accounting systems.
Job Type: Full-time: 40 hours per week
Salary: $60,000 annual
· A responsible and interesting job in an international aid organization with an experienced and committed team
· Health Insurance
· 20 Paid Time Off days per year
· 11 Paid Holidays per year
· 401k with the first 5% matched by employer
About Malteser International
Malteser International Americas is an affiliate of Malteser International, the humanitarian relief organization of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 65 years we provide emergency relief in crises such as natural disasters, epidemics, or armed conflicts. We remain committed to helping people in need without distinction of religion, race, or political persuasion. The humanitarian organization’s focus remains to empower people to live healthier, better, more resilient lives with dignity. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work bringing aid to more than 27 countries.