Assistant to the Ambassador to monitor and combat human trafficking
Scan me or visit www.orderofmaltavision2050.com/o/Sovereign-Order-of-Malta-Permanent-Mission-to-the-UN-in-Geneva/opportunities/Assistant-to-the-Ambassador-to-monitor-and-combat-human-trafficking/52985 to join
SummaryPosition: Intern/Assistant to the Ambassador to monitor and combat trafficking in persons (July-September 2022 - renewable).
H.E. Prof. Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons & Deputy Permanent Observer to the United Nations in Geneva, is looking for an intern to assist him in his mandate.
Following the initiative of His Holiness Pope Francis to scale up the fight against the dreadful scourge of human trafficking and modern slavery prevailing worldwide and in the framework of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Target 8.7, the Order of Malta has appointed two Ambassadors at large, one in Geneva and one in Lagos, to work on this issue.
This internship will provide an invaluable experience on the issue of human trafficking and contemporary slavery, international and humanitarian law, international relations and diplomacy. The intern will have the opportunity to learn more about the many activities of the Order of Malta and discover the multilateral environment in Geneva.
- University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Law...
- Full proficiency in English (mother tongue or C1 level), good level of French
- Living in the Geneva area at the time of the internship
- Excellent writing, oral, research and communication skills
- Ability to work in group or independently
- Previous relevant professional experience is a valuable asset
- Knowledge and strong interest in international human rights issues
- Competence in Social Networks, Microsoft Office and computer software
Duties and responsibilities
- Researches (relevant documents, reports, data, articles...)
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of events (including online events)
- Drafting executive reports and statements
- Attending and taking notes in conferences and events at the United Nations,
- International Organizations and other locations in the Geneva area
- Other tasks related to the internship program
- The intern will be working under the direct supervision of H.E. Ambassador Michel Veuthey and will report to him.
- The workplace is located at the Residence of the Ambassador at the Grand Lancy, GE
- The intern should bring his/her own laptop.
- The intern must have a valid health insurance and meet the requirements for stay in
- The question of financial support and accommodation will be discussed privately
In this diplomatic context, dedication, discretion and confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Sovereign Order of Malta Permanent Mission to the UN in Geneva
In the historic setting of the Palais des Nations, the United Nations Office at Geneva brings together individuals, organizations, and nations to ensure a better future for all. As a diplomatic center, with near-universal representation of States, Geneva is the ideal location for successful international cooperation.
Considered the global hub of human rights and humanitarian affairs, “International Geneva” comprises the United Nations, 40 International Organizations and some 750 registered NGOs. Bringing together thousands of delegations it is the biggest center for multilateral diplomacy and one of the foremost centers of global governance in the world. In 2019 more than 12,300 meetings, conferences and events were hosted at the Palais des Nations alone, with the attendance of around 4’700 VIPs, including 97 heads of state.
“International Geneva” thus offers a unique platform for the Order of Malta to engage actively in international affairs. (UN agencies, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations, academia, think tanks, private sector, and civil society).
The main organizations with which the Order cooperates in the field around the world have their headquarters in Geneva. Areas of expertise of particular interest to the Order are peace and security, humanitarian action, international humanitarian and human rights law, human rights, migration, refugees, health, the environment, and sustainable development.