Since 1998, camps have been held in Lebanon where various national delegations, in cooperation with the Lebanese Association, offer people with physical and mental disabilities a vacation in the ...
British Camp in Chabrouh
Scan me or visit www.orderofmaltavision2050.com/o/Order-of-Malta-Lebanon---the-camps/opportunities/British-Camp-in-Chabrouh/52565 to join
SummaryBetween 24 June and 3 July the Order of Malta Volunteers are returning once more to Lebanon to provide care and companionship to our Lebanese guests
Volunteers are paired one-to-one with guests. Duties vary from providing personal care to providing companionship and helping to create a relaxed and fun atmosphere around the camp.
Our guests come from care homes in Lebanon where they live very limited lives. The homes receive limited government support and there is an overwhelming challenge, made even harder during Lebanon's economic crisis.
For some of them, their week in the mountains is the one chance to leave the home that year. For each new volunteer who travels with us, another guest is able to join the camp.
Our volunteers are joined by Lebanese members of the Order, who provide the local nous and language skills to ensure that we are able to communicate effectively . Many of our guests are non-verbal.
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About OML - The Summer Camps Project - Chabrouh & Kfardebian
The fact that they have inestimable dignity is rarely felt by the mentally and physically disabled in their everyday life at home in Lebanon. In our holiday camps, they have experienced love, affection and friendly loyalty in one-to-one care for over 20 years.
Today, thanks to the solid support and contribution of youth delegations from around the world, and the renovation of the center in Chabrouh, 36 one-week camps are currently organized per year with 10 nationalities and 14 leading delegations. Due to increasing demand during peak season, in 2018 a new hosting center located in Kfardebian, few minutes away from Chabrouh, has been allocated to the project.
For the time being, Summer 2022, only fully vaccinated volunteers are allowed to participate in the camps (at least two shots of the following : AstraZeneca-Pfizer-Moderna-Sputnik-Johnson&Johnson).
The following Summer Camps will take place:
- MHD Camp : 13 June to 22 June.
- British Camp : 24 June to 3 July.
- Dutch Camp : 9 July to 18 July.
- French Camp : 20 July to 29 July.
- Spanish Camp I : 26 July to 31 July.
- Spanish Camp II : 2 August to 7 August.
- Spanish Camp III : 9 August to 13 August.
- German Team I Camp I : 3 August to 8 August.
- German Team I Camp II : 11 August to 16 August.
- German Team I Camp III : 18 August to 22 August.
- German Team II Camp I : 29 August to 3 September.
- German Team II Camp II : 6 September to 11 September.
- German Team II Camp III : 14 September to 19 September.
- Knights & Dames : 23 September to 2 October.
- Family & Friends II : 1 October to 9 October.
- Dutch International Veteran : 11 October to 20 October.
- Family & Friends I : 22 October to 31 October.