Intern Digital Communications (m/w/d)
Scan me or visit www.orderofmaltavision2050.com/o/Malteser-International/opportunities/Intern-Digital-Communications-mwd/58321 to join
SummaryTo support the communications team at Malteser International's headquarters in Cologne, we are looking for an Intern with a focus on digital communications.
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
The communications team is responsible for the content-related and technical maintenance and support of all external communication channels, including social media channels, websites or newsletters, among others. The team is also responsible for producing publications such as the annual report and contributions to internal communications (Intranet). In addition, the communications team is responsible for press and public relations work and communicative support for fundraising activities.
To support the communications team at Malteser International's headquarters in Cologne, we are looking for an Intern with a focus on digital communications, preferably for 6 months, to start as soon as possible.
As an intern in our communications team, you will support the team in its daily work, especially in the area of digital/online (website) and internal communications as well as event management.
- Updates including editorial work and maintenance of the website with the CMS Typo3
- Collaboration on the roll out of the (new) internal communication concept
- Support in content production and management of our social media channels
- Collaboration on the operational implementation of selected events and publications
- Content management (e.g. maintenance of image database)
- Ongoing studies in the field of communication, social sciences or similar
- Experience in editing website texts as well as text writing skills and very good spelling and grammar skills
- Confident and experienced in the operational use of CMS Typo3
- Very good knowledge of German and fluent English, both written and spoken
- High affinity to humanitarian topics as well as to target group oriented digital communication
What we offer:
- An interesting job in a committed, international working environment
- A full-time internship for 3 or 6 months (39-hour week), which can be completed as a mandatory or voluntary internship
- A modern, well-equipped workplace
- Flexible working hours and mobile working by arrangement
- The internship salary varies depending on the type and duration of the internship, but at least 450,- € per month
Working for Malteser International
Malteser International values diversity and equal opportunities and therefore welcomes applications from suitably qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration given equal qualifications. As a church-based employer, we expect identification with our values as a Catholic relief organisation.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation and copies of diplomas) online at our job portal until 20th November 2022.
(for application via job portal go to Malteser International Website)
About Malteser International
Our Vision: A life in health and dignity for all